Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Thursday, September 11, 2008

What were you doing this day, 7 years ago?

Can you believe it's been 7 years since the planes hit the WTC and Pentagon? Do you remember what you were doing when you found out this horrible news?

I remember what I was doing. I was on my way to school (I was teaching music at the time) and I heard the radio. My 6th graders were my first kids of the day and we turned on the TV to hear more details of what was happening. It was then that I saw the second plane hit. I thought for sure we were on the verge of WWIII.

It was a terribly scary time. My heart aches for those children who's parents were taken from them unnecessarily, for the firefighters who gave their own lives to save others, for the families who no longer had their aunt, uncle, brother, sister, son, daughter, mom or dad.

I was never as proud of our nation as when we pulled together, despite differences, to show the world that we were united and that this tragedy would not take us down. I remember almost coming to tears on the many occasions I would see flags being flown on cars, in yards, or in hands. What an amazing testament of the human spirit.

Feel free to write in the comments what you remember doing the morning of September 11, 2001.

2 comments:

Kam said...

My husband and I were sleeping in, it was our day off. A friend called to tell us to turn on the TV. I think I was glued to the TV all day except to go to my dentist appointment. I remember how sad I felt all day. I also remember getting tears in my eyes when I saw our flag after that day.

Ashki said...

A crazy time for all of us :(. Thanks for your story, Kam...

Cyndee ><>