Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Merida/Kern Wedding Sneak-Peek




What a beautiful, wonderful wedding! We had an incredible day of light with crazy clouds in the background and God's very own diffuser :). It was absolutely gorgeous! And - we were so lucky because the only two hours we spent photographing before the wedding were completely clear of rain. As soon as we headed back to the hotel before the ceremony, it began raining.

We began our day at The Modern where Kelsey got ready with her lovely, beautiful and supportive bridesmaids. There was so much love that was in that room for Kelsey and her handsome groom. It was so very sweet! They were so excited to see their friends commit their lives to one another.






Kelsey & Josh chose to meet each other for the first time in the Lobby of the hotel. Josh was smitten! It was so sweet to see him look at her for the first time that day - you could see that he was ready to have her as his wife.



This is when Kelsey's dad saw her for the first time - so sweet :).


When Kelsey and I visited about what kind of photographs she was hoping to get from her wedding, she mentioned that she loves the urban look. I have only had a couple of brides request it, but it is one of my favorite backdrops! One of the great things about The Modern is that it is located in a fantastic part of Downtown Boise. So - we used the amazing backdrops around the area - all within, literally, a 1/2 mile of each other.











After our shoot, we headed back indoors to relax before the ceremony. This is when I headed over to the ceremony and reception site at The Linen Building. I really love this building and had it been around when I got married, we would have had the reception here. The gorgeous flowers & decor were another creation by Bliss Events.





Like I said, it was POURING rain on their wedding day. So - when Kelsey and her bridesmaids walked over to the ceremony site, they looked so cute using their umbrellas and hiking up their dresses.



The ceremony was - literally - the shortest ceremony I have ever been to. I think it was about 3 minutes. Seriously. I had to be a speedy-gonzales to get the shots! I always love the shots when the bride and groom have been pronounced and they come down the aisle. This was no exception.



I loved the look of the cake from Amaru Confections! And - I really love shooting rings :).




The rest of the evening, I was able to witness a really funny toast, a really touching one, two guests who made me laugh, a baby I loved, and a couple of very beautiful dances. I have the best job in the world...








Congratulations, you two! Enjoy your Sneak-Peek and Consider Yourselves Loved...

12 comments:

Kam said...

What a beautiful story and STUNNING pictures! Beautiful job Cyndee.

Anonymous said...

You rocked those urban shots, girl!

Love that little peek out the window of the bridesmaids too.

Anonymous said...

Cyndee,
I was a bridesmaid in the wedding and have frantically been stalking your website for these photos... your work is amazing and Kelsey and Josh's wedding is no exception.
I can see in just this sneak peak how you truly captured the essence of their love for one another, which is ALOT! I cant wait to see the rest, and thank you for allowing my frinds to experience their wedding everyday through your beautiful photographs.

Shannon

Ashki said...

Thank you, Kam, for your kind comments :).

Thanks, Val, for commenting - I know - you and I both love the urban look!

Thanks, Shannon! Seriously, you guys were so awesome for Kelsey. It was wonderful to see your support for her...she is as equally lucky to have you as you are to have her! Thank you so much for commenting - it means a lot!

Cyndee ><>

Anonymous said...

Cyndee- I love the blog idea and the story you tell behind it. The pictures were amazing! It was great working with you!-Mara

Ashki said...

Thanks, Mara! You did such a great job with decor and coordinating :). It was really beautiful! Thanks for your comment.

Cyndee ><>

Anonymous said...

WOW! I LOVE this wedding! My fav pics? The wedding party strutting the street with the great sky and the adorable pic of the bridesmaids helping the bride into the site!
I'm still trying to figure out where the ceremony was set up? I know the Linen Building pretty well and can't seem to place it lol! What a great shot Cyndee!

Ashki said...

Thanks, Jamie! Isn't that an amazing sky??? I was super excited when we had that :).

The ceremony was help upstairs - they have a separate little area upstairs, above the reception area. Thanks so much, Jamie :).

Cyndee ><>

katie said...

cyndee!
how funny is this? i know kelsey! we were in the same sorority! AND, kelsey, if you read this, you looked so beautiful!
i cant wait to see our pictures, but seeing these makes me feel great, because they are just so perfect! you were right, the clouds were incredible.
talk to you soon!
katie

Ashki said...

That is really funny, Katie! Actually, I've seen your friend Christie at a few of my weddings this summer and she mentioned that you and she were in the same sorority. I was wondering if that meant that you and Kelsey were in the same sorority as well. Small world!!!

Cyndee ><>

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Mr. Kern was my photography teacher sophomore year. He and his bride, Kelsey, look so happy!!!

Cyndee--you photographs are incredible. I hope I can weild a camera half as well as you someday.

angie said...

Cyndee,
I totally love the pictures and the Linen Building, they make me so excited to see what curtis and mine will look like after our wedding. I can't wait to see what wonderful shots you get of us!
angie freeman