Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Monday, September 15, 2008

DeLish Wedding Sneak-Peek



Okay - so funny story about the bride. She came in to interview me around February, I think, and she walks in. I know I've seen her before. Then she tells me, "I bought a TV stand from you awhile ago. I knew this place looked familiar." Isn't that too funny? Small, small town, Boise is.



One of my favorite things about this couple is their sense of humor. It is not cutting, it is not sarcastic. It's just plain fun! For example, they named their wedding "The DeLish Wedding" - not because either of their names is "DeLish". It's actually Parrish and DeLong. Get it? :). Sooo cute! Carrie also informed me that their family has a "Mayhem Committee" for each family function. You'll see the proof in one of the photos later in this post.



Anywho - what a wonderful, wonderful wedding. The bride and groom, together with their friends and family, made their commitment to one another so clear. Their intentions of being committed for life was written into their vows and shown on their faces. They asked for the support of their friends and family in their commitment. They thanked their parents for setting such a beautiful example of marriage. It was just such a different wedding. It was an honor to photograph it!



I came to "St. Chapelle" just a few minutes before Carrie & Matty met eachother for the first time that day. I had never been to the winery before this, so you can imagine my awe when I saw it. It's absolutely gorgeous and I can't blame anyone for wanting their wedding there. Just gorgeous!







Carrie's bridesmaides/officiant were just as much of a hoot as the bride and groom themselves. These people were not afraid to goof it up in front of the camera. It makes for such great shots! Oh yea - the officiant? She's actually a childhood friend who became ordained for their wedding!





I really loved the parasols that Carrie brought for her bridesmaids. They made for really fun photographs!!! Girls, this is a great idea - take it and run with it :).




Carrie & Matt were up for anything, so I took them away from their reception for about 10 minutes to catch this beautiful sunset light in the orchards. I would love a place like this for a studio. How fun would that be?






Here's the "Mayhem Committee"'s contribution to the DeLish Wedding. LOVE IT!



In case you haven't noticed by my other wedding posts, I love love love the dancing. It's so full of emotion and you can hardly ever find me with a dry eye after the first dances. This was certainly no exception. First- she dances with her adoring groom.




Then - she dances with her dad. Now, Carrie is such a cutie-patootie! My observation and assumption is that she was crying when she was dancing with her dad and then felt silly for crying (you're not silly for that!), so she and her dad began giggling uncontrollably. It was so darling. With a song likeNessun Dorma, I don't know how anyone could have watched this dance without tearing up.






Thank you, Lovely Carrie & Matty, for allowing me to photograph your wedding. It was a complete honor. Enjoy your Sneak-Peek and Consider Yourselves Loved...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The laughing shots are "DeLish." You can feel the moment in that last set of her dancing with her father

Beautiful, Cyndee!

Anonymous said...

Wow... Cyndee, this wedding is amazing. What a beautiful story you tell! You are an amazing photographer. You can tell how much you love your clients and you can tell you love your job!

Anonymous said...

These guys looked like they had so much fun on their wedding day. I love the bride/groom duckie cake! Beautiful colors -- the red in the bridemaid's dresses and the bouquets.

Kam said...

What a beautiful couple. This wedding looked like a lot of fun and everyone looks so stunning. Amazing job as usual Cyndee. You rock!!

Ashki said...

Thanks, Mo!

Thank you, Heather :).

Thanks, Val!

Thank you, Kam :).

Cyndee ><>