Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lavea & Wade's Sneak-Peek

What a beautiful ceremony I attended and shot at on Saturday. It was full of love, devotion, commitment...








Two people who have obviously found their soul-mates gave me the privilege of witnessing and capturing their wedding. It was a small ceremony held in the garden of Lavea's Mother's beautiful turn of the century colonial house (at least that's what I think it is...correct me if I'm wrong, Ladwina!). There was not much adornment needed for the ceremony as the garden is kept up immaculately! The house (inside and out was full of character. This is where Lavea got ready for the ceremony.






There were two red, white and blue ribbons on the front of the home. They were there to honor Lavea's brother who just returned to the United States from a long mission in Iraq where he was serving our country. Unfortunately, he was unable to make it back to Idaho for the wedding, but he did call his sister to tell her congratulations before her walk down the aisle.



As Lavea walked down the stone-paved aisle with her father, there was nothing but love radiating from her lovely smile. She was such a classic, sophisticated bride. She has such a natural beauty to her - her personality matches :).



Lavea & Wade had written vows for eachother. I just love it when brides and grooms do this. Perhaps it's because my own hubby and I wrote our own vows as well...or perhaps it's because it makes the ceremony that much more personal. Whatever the reason, it was magic to watch them read what they wrote from their hearts. It was so touching.





The groom had a beautiful thing to say to Lavea's parents. He thanked them for setting a great example of a good relationship. He mentioned one of the many times her parents showed affection for one another. And this after almost 30 years of marriage...pure poetry.



Wade's children were special additions to the wedding. Todd's son is a dashing young man who, how shall I say it...is MUCH taller than me :).




His daughter is the cutest little blond, blue-eyed muse! She tried stealing her Daddy's moment with Lavea during the ceremony by making funny faces. But - for every funny face, there was a beautiful, little innocent face that showed us all that life is good.





The rest of the evening was spent with friends, old and new, reminiscing about good times and talking about future plans. There was such wonderful support of everyone there. Every single guest beamed about the bride and groom...there probably could have been a contest of who was most proud of who...




Thank you, Lavea & Wade, for allowing me to celebrate your union together. Enjoy your Sneak-Peek and Consider Yourselves Loved...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cyndee...I love the way you use your writing to sweep us into the moments you capture. I was able to feel how special this couples day was-and the way your pictures have captured these emotions. This wasn't helped by the very romantic classical music I happen to be listening to right now. :) I wish Lavea and Wade much bliss in their new journey...

Ashki said...

Thanks, Jamie. I really do feel like I get to see such an intimate part of people. Thanks again :).

Peej said...

Cyndee: The pictures are beautiful of Wade and Lavea's wedding. You really captured the love between them. You do awesome work! I am Wade's sister and had the opportunity to meet you at the wedding. You were very nice and great to meet. thanks also for the example you set with your Diet Coke. LOL Good luck to you in the future.

Ashki said...

Awww, Peej :). Thanks so much for your kind words. Wade and Lavea are such a beautiful couple. I had fun meeting you as well. Your little Rylie is such a doll! I don't know how much of a good example I made for drinking Diet Coke. It's not much better for you!

Thanks again, for your comments :).

HAGSY (Have A Great School Year) HA!

Cyndee ><>

Anonymous said...

Hi Cyndee!

Thank you so much for capturing the essence of our wedding. Wade and I were able to view the sneak peak earlier in the week, but this is the first opportunity I have had to leave a quick note. For many reasons, our marriage marked a very special and long awaited moment for both Wade and I. We are so happy with the way these pictures turned out and are eager to see the rest of the collection. Thank you for giving us such a magnificent way to remember our day.

Ashki said...

Lavea - you already have your name changed :). I love it!

It really was a joy to photograph your wedding. You are such a beautiful couple - inside and out :). Thank you for leaving such a kind comment! We'll talk soon.

Cyndee ><>