Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Harris/Hines Wedding Sneak-Peek

Last Friday was a perfect day for a wedding. The sun was out, the rain had stopped and the temperature was perfect...okay, maybe not perfect, but certainly bearable :).

I began my photographic journey with Megan at gorgeous Hampton Suites in the 8th Street Marketplace. I love photographing the brides getting ready. I get to know the bridesmaids and those closest to the brides and that allows everyone to relax a bit in front of the camera. It's also such an exciting time, getting ready. I know, Gentlemen, getting ready isn't that fun for you, but for us girls, it's like a slumber party without sleep!!! Every girl likes to get dolled up :). By the end of "getting ready", Megan looked like she just walked out of a resort on the beaches of Hawaii. Her hair was adorned with gorgeous petals and her dress was a perfect way to compliment her great figure!








We headed out to Katheryn Albertson's Park after that where Dustin saw Megan for the first time that day. They were just sooo cute together. I loved hanging out with them and seeing them interact.









The guests began arriving, so Megan, Dustin and I headed off to the side so that guests would not see them before the wedding. As the music began, Megan and Dustin's intimate bridal party of 5 came down the aisle. First, Sister Matron of Honor, Second, Brother Best-Man. Third was the Cutie-Patootie Nephew Ring Bearer and Four and Five were Neice Flower-Girls. The ceremony was short and sweet. One of the highlights was the song that Rylie (Flower Girl) had written for the two love-birds. Unfortunately, I didn't understand the words, but that little girl CAN SING!!! I have a little bit of say, too, since I was a music teacher for the last 6 years! She was such a cutie and it was really great to see Dustin and Megan's adoration for her as she serenaded them in the park.






We headed out to The Linen Building. Don't let the website scare you. The building is really amazing. It has two levels of 15 foot ceilings. They've updated the building without losing the mid-century charm. It's such a great place to photograph in as well. The DJs of Aardvark Entertainment provided some really great lighting and props to continue the Hawaiian Theme. Kanak Attack Provided some really great food...I mean REALLY GREAT. I love their food!









The evening ended with some absolutely beautiful dancing. As I began to leave the wedding, I actually began to cry. Okay - I'm kind of a sap anyway, but I just had this overwhelming sense of blessing as I watched the guests dance and celebrate with Megan and Dustin. I really do have the best job in the world.



Thanks, Dustin and Megan, for letting me be a part of your wedding. Enjoy your Sneak-Peek and Consider Yourselves Loved....

No comments: