Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Third Session for St. Al's

What an experience these last two weeks have been! I have had the amazing opportunity to meet many families from the Treasure Valley. Each of these families brought a beautiful perspective to me and I am excited to be able to have their photographs displayed at the Family Center at St. Alphonsus.

The families I photographed on Monday were refugees. Some were from Burma, some from Burundi, some from Congo. Although our languages were different, I could see their story in their eyes. Such beautiful colors God has made - such beautiful spirits!!! I really loved shooting this session. It was a challenge because of mismatched clothing, children with dirt still on their faces and the language barrier, but it was a session that I would gladly do again. It was such a wonderful experience.

Here are some of my favorite shots from that evening.






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This series of work you are doing for St. Al's are absolutely incredible!

Anonymous said...

Wow melt my heart Cyndee! I'm in love with these photos. Hey, when in doubt of the babies wardrobe? Eh-take the clothes off lol. I wonder if they thought, why are you taking our good clothes we just got-what are these American's all about?
I adore each and every picture-what an emotional shoot.

Ashki said...

Thank you, Paige!!! I appreciate the comment!

I know, Jamie. I was wondering if they were thinking I was psychotic!!! I think it's all good, though :). Thanks for commenting :).

Kam said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Cyndee! What an awesome experience. Kam

Ashki said...

Thanks, Kam :). It has been a wonderful experience!

Jessica said...

Those are beautiful Cyndee! great job.
and children with dirt on their face? pshaw! that makes it more real!

Ashki said...

Thanks, Jessica :). I know - I've come to love the dirt. And the little necklace. So sweet...