Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

O'Dell Wedding Sneak-Peek!

If you are stopping by to see Tara & Ben's Sneak Peek, please leave a comment for the couple at the end of this post.

I had such a blast with this wonderful family. I seriously have been so blessed by my brides, grooms and their families. You all have been so stinkin' sweet :).

Tara and Ben got married in Fruitland, ID. We began the day photographing Tara getting ready in her mother's master bedroom. I spied a beautiful photo of Tara's Mom and Dad at their own wedding several years before. Tara's father sadly passed away about a year ago, and I knew this was a perfect opportunity to have him in one of her wedding photographs...





Then I headed over to visit the boys getting ready - or...playing cards, really. They all looked so handsome in their tuxes and green ties!!! I love green!




Tara and Ben met at Sally's house for their time to connect before the wedding. Ben waited patiently as Tara drove up to the home with her mom. When he turned around to see her for the first time that day, I could tell that he was enamored by her beauty! He held out his hand to help her up to the porch and they embraced! It was really wonderful to see. I have the best job in the world!!!





We headed back to The O'Dell Ranch, where Tara and Ben would exchange vows. There was amazing scenery all around. It was sooo gorgeous. We couldn't finish our bride and groom session without getting a shot of Tara's first baby in the background :). For us city folks, that's a horse.





I don't do a lot of processing like this, but I had to play with this shot. I am sooo excited about how this turned out. Tara and Ben - I hope you order this as a HUGE canvas - it would be absolutely stunning :).



I saw more blue eyes at this wedding than I have ever seen before. And - they weren't just blue. The Junior Bridesmaids had eyes that were crystal blue - almost transparent. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! Then - at the wedding, I kept seeing people with just gorgeous eyes. What kind of water do y'all drink in Fruitland ;)?



We took the bridal party out to the field. Look how the sun flare was going right to the couple. It was almost as if Daddy was looking down on his baby girl...he was there with her.



The bridesmaids came to the wedding in a horse and carriage. It was so cool! I loved how these men totally fit the scene, too. Okay - maybe it's normal in Fruitland to see cowboys runnin' around, but not in the city :).



The wedding was short and sweet. This officiator had married Tara's parents and sister and brother. Ben had crafted the arbor for the wedding. It's sentimental touches like these that make a wedding so personal.



Tara loves color (so do I!) and it turned out fabulously to have that much color!!! I just loved it!






A few dancing photos...the two of you danced beautifully!




I hope you've enjoyed your Sneak-Peek, Tara & Ben! I had such a blast not only at your wedding, but getting to know you through these last few months. Happy Marriage and consider yourselves loved...

16 comments:

coolhntr said...

These photos are stunning and prove that my cousin Tara could moonlight as a supermodel. Thanks for posting so fast!

Jen

Anonymous said...

One of your posts on ILP brought me here to your blog. And I just wanted to say that these wedding photos and your story about the day brought tears to my eyes! You do a wonderful job!!!

Brandy

Ashki said...

Thank you, Jen! I know - your cousin is beautiful! It was such a blast to photograph these two!

Brandy,
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding my work. I am so incredibly blessed to do something that I absolutely LOVE!!!

Cyndee ><>

Jayme Montoya said...

Gorgeous wedding, beautiful photos and the sun flare, daddy description made me fight back the tears and I don't even know the bride & groom! Great job Cyndee!

Ashki said...

Thank you, Jayme. Yes - totally beautiful family - inside AND out :D.

Cyndee ><>

Brown Birdy said...

Wow-What a tastefully colorful wedding! I love weddings were the couples style is very evident in the decor-and you can tell this is one of those! Cyndee, as always you did a great job capturing a day that will be remembered forever!

Ashki said...

Awww...thanks, Jamie :). I know - I really LOVED the color!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I love these!

Ashki said...

Thank you, Desiree!!!

Mrs. Rowe said...

Cyndee,

Ben and I just arrived home from Park City last night. As soon as I got out of the car I ran to the computer to see if any pictures were posted. I didn't know what to say they were absoultley gorgeous. I couldn't be happier. Thank you for putting up with my huge family and bridal party. You were very professional and fun to be around. Thanks again Cyndee for all that you have done. I cant wait until next week when they are all posted.

With Love,
Tara Rowe

Ashki said...

Yay, Tara ROWE!!! Congratulations, Girl :). Your wedding was beautiful and definitely memorable!!! I am so glad that you are so happy with the photographs. I hope you had a great honeymoon, Love!!!

Cyndee ><>

Mrs. Rowe said...

Cyndee,

I can not stop looking at the pictures. I love them. I keep checking for the other pictures just in case you have them up early. I am a nut I know. Happy late Birthday. :)

Tara

Ashki said...

Mrs. Rowe :- ) - I cannot even begin to tell you how good that makes me feel :) - I hope you are sharing this link with all your friends ;). I am so glad you are excited about your photographs. You know your others will be up soon!!! Wahoo!!! Only 5 more days to wait, Girl. You can do it!

Thanks for the belated birthday wish :D.

Cyndee ><>

Mrs. Rowe said...

Cyndee,

I absolutely love my pictures. I could not be happier. I will let you know which ones I would like. It is going to be so hard to pick. Thanks again for your hard work.

Tara

Ashki said...

Aww, Tara - I am so glad you love your photographs. Let me know if you'd like to come in and look at some ideas...I hope you are having a fabulous first three weeks of marriage :). You've got a great guy!

Cyndee ><>

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.