Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Saturday, July 12, 2008

It's been too long...

Hey, People! It has been far too long since my last post! Well, can I tell you a little bit of what I've been doing?

We've been busy looking for a new car. Not because we hated our Saturn Vue. Not because we needed something bigger, smaller, roomier, cuter...nope. We are looking for a new car because of the 4th of July. Okay - not because of the holiday, but because we got in a pretty major wreck on that day. With Lumuli, Julius and I all in the car, we are extremely thankful that all of us are fine. Lumuli has a gash straight from a horror flick and I've got some bruises that would make hockey players jealous, but nothing serious enough to warrant a trip the hospital.

We were only about four blocks from home - we had just come from visiting my cousin Kristi in Star (it's a town in Idaho, Silly!) and were driving into our subdivision at about 20 mph. We ended up jumping the curb, running into a 700 lb boulder, striking two trees and knocking down two fences. It was sooo scary and we were in shock for awhile, but like I said before, we are so very thankful and really have nothing to complain about.

Sorry I didn't have any cool 4th of July photos to share :(. However, I'll upload some of the wreck tomorrow (or maybe on Sunday since I have the beautiful O'Dell wedding tomorrow).

***ETA: I'm posting these photographs a couple of days after I wrote this post. These photographs do not do the severity of the crash justice!!! I promise...our car was TOTALED. The insurance company told us so ;). Anywho - here's a little bit of what we went through on the fourth***

This is where we initially hit the 700 lb stone...yes...700 POUNDS!!! We hit the tree next to it and in front of it I believe


Then, Lumuli overcorrected and we ended up on the other side of the road.

7 comments:

Brown Birdy said...

Cyndee! I'm SO thankful that you are all ok. Praise the Lord! I'll be praying that things get better quickly. xo

Brown Birdy said...

Cyndee I'm So glad you're all ok! Praise the Lord. We will be praying that you all return to full health soon! xo

Ashki said...

Thank you, Jamie! Praise the Lord, indeed!!! We are truly blessed :).

Jayme Montoya said...

Wow! Glad you guys are alright, how scary!

Anonymous said...

Yikes Cyndee! Glad your alright! Good thing your car took the brunt of that 700lb rock! LOL

Just remember that you need to replace your carseat now. File it with your insurance.

((HUGS))
Jen Ellis

Ashki said...

Thanks, Jayme. Yeah - we're pretty lucky :).

Cyndee ><>

Ashki said...

Thanks for watching out for me, Jen :). Yes - I do know about the car seat, but until my insurance adjuster told me, I didn't know they'd cover it! Geico has been amazing through this whole process, believe it or not...

Cyndee ><>