Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Monday, June 30, 2008

St. Al's Models!!!

Well - what a huge support I had in the "model search" for St. Alphonsus' Family Center! There were some amazing applications with such beautiful families! It was a joy to see your photos and to read your stories.

Here a couple of my favorite responses to my question "How would your family be able to communicate diversity in photographs?":

"Our Family represents all the Army National Guard Families. My husband is an Apache helicopter pilot and served in the war for a year and a half from 2005-2007. We represent the dedication and commitment to each other as a family as well as our country."

"Our Family is the 'new' and upcoming American Family as we have an adopted daughter from China. We also reflect diversity in that we gave Josiah [son who has down-syndrome] life and legitimacy as a person who has value."

"We are a brand new family built through the miracle of adoption. Our inter-racial family doesn't match, but we definitely fit perfectly together."

What are y'all trying to do to me??? You know, I sit here again, bawling as I'm typing your responses. :).

Thank you to everyone who applied :).

Here are the people who were chosen to represent "diversity" in the model search. I will be getting hold of each of you within the next week to set up a date and time for your "mini-session".

Kingston
Gydesen
Ellis
Price
Burket
Turner
Gibbons
Kinsman
McKenna
Churchwell
Kwader
Seely
Wiseman

By the way - in case you missed it the first time, we have a little bit of diversity in our family as well :).

Here's Grandpa Art and his "Guide Kid", Julius. Art has lost his sight and it is pure joy for both of them to share in this activity! The Handsome Guy on the left is Julius' Great Grandpa.



The Hunka-Hunka-Burnin'-Love is My Guy on the left. My Sweet Little One is on the right.



This is me and one of my favorite boys :).

4 comments:

Kam said...

This is so exciting for you. Congrats and good luck! You are awesome! Kam

Ashki said...

Thank you, Kam! You're so sweet :).

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness that last pic? I'm in love! And I laughed so hard at hubby with those sissors! haha I guess you're still trying to tame that fabulous hair of J's?
Much thanks btw!

Ashki said...

Thanks, Jamie :). The last pic was taken by my fab friend Valerie Davenport!

Yes - scissors passed my son's hair a week ago. You'll have to stay tuned for "after" pics!