Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Shannon & Tommy's Sneak-Peek



It was the perfect day - with the 70 degree weather and beautiful skies, I knew it would be gorgeous!

We began our day at Hotel 43, where Shannon and Tommy were getting ready (BTW Gals, it is such a beautiful hotel and has an AMAZING staff - they really cater to your needs!). I spent some time in Shannon's room while my second shooter spent some time with the men. After about 30 minutes, Shannon and I headed downstairs in the elevator so that she would be able to see the man she'd waited 7 years to marry.







The moment Tommy saw Shannon, I could just feel the love pouring out of his heart. She looked stunning in her gown and cathedral veil. They spent some time cuddling and connecting in the lobby, then we headed out to the depot in Rod's Limo.



Like I said, it was an absolutely gorgeous day!!! There was a pretty heavy wind by the time we made it to the depot. Beautiful Couple + Wind + Cathedral Veil = stunning shots.







And - one really funny shot of Val, my second shooter - we were trying to get Shannon's veil to stick straight out. I love this shot!!!



After the pre-ceremony shots, we head down to the CW Moore Park for the ceremony. The Park was filled with all of Shannon and Tommy's loved ones - everyone so excited that this darling couple, who first dated as Seniors in High School, were finally going to be Husband and Wife.



The reception was held at the CW Moore Plaza and was flawlessly decorated by Bliss Events. Bliss also carefully designed the floral arrangements for Shannon and Tommy with huge purple and pink hydrangeas. Just gorgeous!!!






And of course, the reception had a lot of characters present :).



There were so many beautiful, sentimental traditions and details from the weddinng: the framed piece of 1001 cranes (Japanese Tradition) of their family's crest caringly created by Tommy's mom, Shannon's grandma's beautiful wedding ring added to the base of her bouquet (Family Tradition), the "Wedding Countdown" clock, the short visit with her brother who is a marine serving our country overseas, the song her father sang to her at the reception - I could name a million more. It was so beautiful and such a wonderful example of family connection.




I cannot end this post without mentioning Salina Koch from Simply Planned Events. She is such an amazing coordinator/planner - Shannon did not have to worry about a thing with Salina taking care of her. Not only is she great at what she does, but she really loves her clients. Hats off to you, Salina, for an amazing wedding.

Special thanks to my second shooter, Val - aka "Great Dancer"! I had a blast with you - we'll have to do it again!


And - thanks to Brooke, my right-hand Gal! I couldn't have done without you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic wedding! I love how her reception was decorated! They are a cute couple. I really liked the muted tones where they are hand in hand but standing apart. CUTE!

Ashki said...

Thank you, Jamie. I totally thought of you when I saw the Chinese Lanterns. They look great, huh? Thanks for your comments - they are really appreciated :).

Anonymous said...

These photos are magnificent! Wow, I can't believe that they were my clients too. I feel like you made this wedding, which was perfect, something that belongs in the Knot or something every little girl dreamt of. Cyndee... I am breathless, Thank you for preserving these moments for them! I am truly in your debt!
Salina

Ashki said...

Awww...Salina. Your comments make me cry :). Thank you for sharing your joy with me!

Anonymous said...

WOW! We're just back from our honeymoon and have seen the pictures for the first time and are stunned at how amazing they are. Cyndee, you did a wonderful job, I can't thank you enough. Your work belongs in bridal magazines! I have one tip ... if you want an amazing wedding, hire Salina from Simply Planned as your wedding planner, Bliss as your decorators, and Cyndee as your photographer! I feel blessed to have had the fabulous wedding I did and it was because of these wonderful people. Shannon & Tommy

Ashki said...

Aww, Shannon & Tommy! You know I love you two! I hope your honeymoon was as fantastic as you dreamed :). Your wedding was beautiful - I just get to help you remember HOW beautiful. Thanks for your kind comments, Shannon & Tommy.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos as always. I love looking at your work.