Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Please Pray for Kenya...

Being married to a Kenyan, I've become an NPR junkie in my married years :). I need to warn you that this is a disturbing post - but honestly, we have no right to ignore what has been going on in my husband's country - for those who insist that reading this post may be "too stressful" for you, please understand that you are only reading about it. Thirty-three million Kenyans are experiencing it RIGHT NOW.

I'm not sure how many of you pay attention to International News, but there is great strife going on in Kenya right now. After President Kibaki's obviously corrupted election, many of the Kenyans had become violent in the name of "democracy". After an entire month of not resolving the corruption issue with Kibaki's election, the violence has turned from political to ethnic. Women and children have been burned in churches, homes have been burned, innocent citizens have been decapitated, several hundred women and children have been raped. There have been over 900 people murdered since the election and it looks to only be getting worse. The last decade of peaceful democratic efforts and successes have completely been overturned with two men's political agendas. Neither of which deserve any respect at this point.

All of Lumuli's family is still in Kenya. They are safe thus far, but there is no telling how quickly this could come to Mom's home. One person killed in such an inhumane way and for such a preventable cause is inexcusable, but 900 people??? We need to be in steadfast prayer for this country. This is only a place where God can intervene and seize the unrest among His people. Please, please, please...I ask you humbly for your prayers for Kenya.

Here is a Kenyan Newspaper media, if you'd like to continue to follow what's going on in this precious country.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea. I will be praying. Thank you for educating us. Kam

Valerie said...

My thoughts went immediately to Lumuli when I heard this news about Kenya a couple of weeks ago. It seemed to happen so quickly. What is going on their right now is just awful.