Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Monday, July 23, 2007

Two Posts in ONE DAY???

What's wrong with me??? Well, I've caught the love-bug :).

Sometimes, I'm so busy photographing other people that I forget to take shots of my own family. So, I took some time to photograph my boy, Julius. This is one of my favorites and let me tell you why. Normally, I don't like to have my subjects in the center of my viewfinder. However, it works here because of the door. I love door handle at the side. It totally adds charactr to the photo. In 20 years, I am going to be able to tell you EXACTLY where the photo was taken, because of that door handle and the stuff in the background. I also love that none of his limbs are "chopped" in the camera. I love the feel of the black and white. It gives this "in-home" photo a classic touch.

And...of course...I love the subject. That is what REALLY makes or breaks a photo...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's just too cute! It was fun running into your family at Farmers Market!~Jamie

Valerie said...

Yay for "glorified snapshots" -- they always tell the best stories.


Just wait till he can climb up there by himself...