Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Sunday, March 8, 2009

One Year Ago this Weekend...

One year ago this weekend, I attended my first Statewide Photography Convention and entered my first competition. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend this year's conference, but I can't help but think of how great of an experience it was last year.

I had seven entries and out of those, 5 merited. Now - that probably doesn't mean a lot to most of you, but it was a great honor, as I knew several well-known, well-experienced photographers who didn't merit at all. I also received a "Judge's Choice" award on two of my prints. To give you a little perspective, there were over 125 entries and only 6 judges. I sure was honored!

At the end of the conference, there was an awards ceremony where I was honored with "Idaho's Rookie Photographer of the Year". I was presented with a beautiful crystal that is proudly displayed in my studio.

Anyway - as I reminisce over the last few years of my photographic journey, I want to thank every one of you, without whom, I would not be where I am today!

These were the meriting entries:

Judge's Choice - Bambi Cantrell - http://www.cantrellportrait.com


Judge's Choice - Evelyn Hymas - http://www.hymasimage.com/






I also entered and merited with a "finished product" of my son's 1st Birthday Card. I posted it last year - Click HERE to see it :).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you! Congratulations to you! I DO know how great it feels to receive appreciation on your art. You have an incredible eye for composition and capturing the real essence of the "moment". YOU ROCK! John and I are proud of our photographer! :)

Aubry and John Briggs

Brown Birdy said...

Awesome lady! I think it's so amazing how you've gained such credability so quickly-it shows how much you really are meant to do this in life! xo

Brown Birdy said...

Oh-and I seriously am in love w that first pic-I wish I had a spot for it in the house that wouldn't look odd-lol Like HUGE! haha It's a fav! Thank you again!

Teri Mason Photography said...

These are gorgeous images, Cyndee! I can see why you did so well. Congrats!