Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Watkins/Briggs Wedding



I met this cute couple a few months ago and I was immediately drawn to them. Not only are they super sweet, but they are also designers. I love photographing weddings of designers - generally speaking, they have amazing taste & unique ideas - these two were no exception. I received Aubry & John's wedding invitation and saw a bit of their impeccable taste! John had designed a certain damask-like "motif" (forgive me, Designers, if I've used that word incorrectly). This motif was used throughout the entire wedding - from the invites that were designed similar to a poster of an upcoming film release, to the cake, which, again, was made by Greg Marsh.



I arrived at Barber Park, where Aubry and John would meet for the first time. Before Aubry arrived, John's jacket had popped a button and just like any good groom, he sewed it right up before they saw one another.



I was able to get some shots of the reception hall and all of Aubry & John's details before they met. Their Wedding Coordinator, Megan, did a beautiful job with the decor. The wind showed up a couple of times and knocked over a few things, but during the ceremony, it was absolutely perfect and everything was put back in it's place!





Witnessing Aubry and John meet for the first time brought pitter-patters to my heart! Aubry looked beautiful in her white dress and John could not wait to see her.





One of the great things about Barber Park is the variety of surroundings. We headed out back to the forested area where I photographed the bride and groom and their wedding party.









I also photographed the family. I love how close these families are. There was so much laughter and happiness for the bride and groom. As a matter of fact, both Aubry's mom and John's mom joined forces to make them an amazing wedding gift. I'll tell more about this gift in a later paragraph.








Here's a photo of the gift that Mom & Mom made for their lovely Chil'ens. It is a beautiful quilt made in all the autumn colors and Aubry and John love. It was absolutely exquisite. I love it when it's obvious how well a mom knows her child. It was sooo beautiful!



It was time for Aubry and John to touch-up and to get some rest before the ceremony.




As most of you know, this weekend was greeted with some rainy weather! I've been so very lucky to always have great weather for the "moments" of the photographs! The entire ceremony was lit with diffused sunlight and cooled by the Fall breeze. It couldn't have been more perfect!











I love this shot after the ceremony. You can feel the joy!



Sorry, Aubry and John. Not everyone was "fully present" for your ceremony :).



Aubry and John greeted the guests from their seats and invited them inside for the beautiful reception and heart-warming slideshow, where they stayed incognito, awaiting their Grand Entrevous!




After the slideshow, they entered into the reception hall like they were walking on the red carpet! They also had a "red-carpet" holler!



The delicious dinner was catered by Goodwood. Presentation, service and flavor was flawless!!! A big shout-out to all the fantastic waiters/resses at the reception :).



The cake cutting, toasts, and dances assisted in bidding us goodnight to an evening well-played.








John and Aubry, I am honored that you chose me to photograph your beautiful fall wedding. Enjoy your Sneak-Peek and Consider Yourselves Loved...

4 comments:

john said...

These look great! Thanks!

Ashki said...

Thanks, John!

Cyndee ><>

Anonymous said...

You are truly an amazing artist! Thank you for capturing our day perfectly!

Ashki said...

Yay, Aubry! I'm so glad you like your Sneak-Peek. Your photos may not be up tomorrow afterall, because of my computer issues, but I will be working on them like a mad-woman!!! Thanks for the lovely comment, Love!

Cyndee ><>