Welcome to my blog!

I love having a blog - it's a great way to share recent sessions and share a bit more of my personality!  

If you are looking for your "Sneak-Peek" and don't see it right away, scroll down the page.  It may be because I have posted another "Sneak-Peek" already.

Please feel free to browse the archives.  Oh yea - I LOVE COMMENTS!!!  

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Calaycay/Huffman Wedding



I had the amazing privilege of photographing Ed and Candy's wedding on the 11th of October in the beautiful scenery of Tamarack Resort. It was a beautiful, intimate wedding that radiated with love and support for the bride and groom. I consider myself lucky to have been a part of that wonderful day!

Lumuli (Assistant and Hubby - or as Candy said - Hubby and Assistant) and I traveled to Tamarack for the wedding a few hours before. We were nervous about the roads because of the weather here in Boise. We had our first snow-fall. Can you believe it??? On October 10th??? Crazy! I was happy to discover that it hadn't snowed in McCall (or surrounding areas) as of yet. Phew!

When I arrived at this gorgeous hotel, I headed up to the girls' room, where Candy would be getting ready. She was so relaxed - I loved seeing this! Too many times, you Brides get all worked up about certain details and things that might not be going as planned, but the truth is that EVERY wedding has unplanned events and things that go "wrong". But that's just it - it doesn't matter. You are soon to be married to the man of your dreams and there is no reason for you to do anything but enjoy the day as it chooses to unfold. This is exactly what Candy did. Be like Candy, Ladies.







I decided to head over to the chapel, where the ceremony would take place and the schoolhouse, where the reception would be held. I found the guys chilling in the reception area. Chatting up a storm, I'm sure ;). Ed's son was also there, hangin' out. Isn't he just a handsome young man???




It was absolutely beautiful! Candy has exquisite taste. She really did an amazing job of creating a beautiful, intimate space for their matrimony!

Although the temperature was somewhere in the mid-20's, Candy and Ed really wanted some outdoor photographs. So, after they met and had their moment together (well, with their photographer...), we headed out to traipse around Tamarack in my Pilot. I don't even think I can even count how many brides I've chauffeured over the months :). It's always a great journey! Tamarack is absolutely beautiful. I love it there...











What a sweet, cute bridal party! They were, literally, half of the number of guests!!!



Just before the ceremony, Candy and her girls headed into the bathroom (yes, the official "before-the-wedding" meeting place). Candy saw this amazing window and insisted she be photographed in front of it. I am so glad she twisted my arm - it was such a beautiful, classic place.




The ceremony was just so sweet. It was performed by one of Candy's family friends & included beautiful moments - like the way the individual candles wouldn't light the Unity Candle - a bit of laughter ensued when Candy and Ed decided to mount the individual candles between the unity candle and hurricane glass. Super cute!




Candy demonstrated her amazing ability to design an intimate setting with details, lighting and color. This girl needs to go into business. She is an amazing designer. She left no detail unturned when it came to this most important day. She set the perfect mood and ambience.






Some of my favorite details were the cute M&M's with pictures of Candy and Ed. I also loved the Groom's Cake by Greg Marsh. Have you ever heard of these? I think they're more popular in the East - really cute! I also loved their "guest book" - which was actually a "guest bottle". They plan on opening the bottle on one of their anniversaries. Isn't that sweet?





Lumuli and I ended our evening by listening to good company enjoying laughter and food.





On our way out, I saw the Tamarack sign lit up outside. So - we stopped in the middle of the intersection, unloaded some of my gear and took this shot. I am glad I gave that one last effort because I really like this shot!



Thanks, Candy and Ed, for letting me be a part of your special day. I am honored. Enjoy your Sneak-Peek (thanks for your patience) and Consider Yourselves Loved...

No comments: